I’m going to ask some questions now and if you have not experienced what I’m about to describe and ask, you might not really get to appreciate today’s topic.
1. Have you ever dressed up so much that you had almost all of your body covered? (Your legs, hands and even your face) And despite the protective tactics you employed, a mosquito still finds its way to your skin.
2. You probably had no chance to cover yourself for a vigil, night class or a good night rest in your room and the mosquitoes involved you in a tug of war making you realise you had hidden talents of clapping and killing them 😀
3. Has a mosquito ever penetrated that thick clothing of yours and bitten you in a spot you never thought it could access?
4. Have you felt that frustration after killing one mosquito that has been troubling you for a while and just when you decide to sleep well, another comes to perch on your skin? (Annoying I tell you.)
5. Or maybe you are eating dinner or sitting in the balcony and then the uninvited guests(mosquitoes) come to sing their ‘unique medley’ in your ears?
I could go on and on about different situations, I once read that mosquitoes only operate in tropical countries and that’s why I feel some readers might not understand the scenarios I described above.
Truth is mosquitoes have DRIVE (an organized effort to achieve a particular purpose- biting you) and they are very PERSISTENT (a firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition)
Funny but true, we kill these creatures with our bare hands, insecticides and at every slight opportunity we have but as I always say ‘every thing that happens in life has a lesson attached, pick that lesson.’
If only we could have the drive, passion and persistence like these dear mosquitoes, would that not be super amazing?
Discover your potentials, your talents and be presistent and diligent in what you do.
Mind you! The mosquito would not choose to channel its energy into barking like a dog should, producing honey like a bee or roaring like a lion. If it ventures into such, there is no doubt that it would fail.
Likewise, if you decide to do things that are not your calling, you decide to go into music because you adore musicians when you know your real talent is painting. Trust me, the failure aint gonna be funny.
So the next time, you decide to kill that mosquito, take a cue from its persistence and drive and input that persistence into your career, work, relationship and life as a whole.
I’d leave you with this: “Whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.” Eccl 9:10
Please, this is solely my write-up. Do not copy without my permission and yea do follow me on twitter @stephanykul, follow my blog and share this article with your friends on social networks.
One more thing! 😀 Please take out time to drop a comment, I’d love to read your thoughts. God bless.
Take care 😉